Shrubbot.cfg

- Anything related
pbcomp

Shrubbot.cfg

Post by pbcomp » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:19 pm

I ran into another issue ! I can't get Shrubbot working and tried everything I can think of. I don't really need it but it should work? I can instantly get it to work on etpub !
I tried doing rcon in etblight and nothing. I used the same exact steps in etpub and it works in that mod which you built off. I checked all permissions and added set g_shrubbot "shrubbot.cfg" to server.cfg

Can you think of anything?

=pbcomp

admin
Site Admin

Re: Shrubbot.cfg

Post by admin » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:17 am

Only difference I can find, compared to etpub, is that you must have g_shrubbot set to an existing file. Which you wrote that you already have... Maybe check again? -sorry I don't have anything better.

I've just done some testing on a fresh local server. When I don't add any shrubbot cfg to the etblight folder, I get zero response from the server (no error messages) when trying anything shrubbot-related. As soon as I add the shrubbot cfg, everything is fine (even if it's empty).

pbcomp

Post by pbcomp » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:55 am

Are you testing on a Linux Box or Windoze box?

-pbcomp

pbcomp

Post by pbcomp » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:34 pm

One thing I tried and worked for me is making Admin 5 in etpub and copy/paste that Shrubbot file over to /etblight and that worked perfectly. Otherwise, everything else seems to be working. I could not make Admin level on console either ingame or external. I'm not sure how you edit the the .dll's but has to be permission thing. If you have a crappy old machine that you don't normally use try it on that as a test. I will keep putz'ing with it.

-pbcomp

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:59 pm

windoze. The public one is linux. Same files as in the download.

There's a few shrubbot commands that was shortened in etblight. One of them is !setlevel. !setlevel was changed to !set in etblight.
Hard to believe it made sense at the time. Well, !put & !list sort of makes sense, maybe not so much !set..

I can see the old etpub shrubbot names have found their way back into the documentation, thank you so much for bringing that to my attention.
Let me start fixing it by making a list of altered commands here

!setlevel = !set
!listplayers = !list
!putteam = !put

(edit) That should be it (checked g_shrubbot.c twice).
I also updated the online doc.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:38 pm

In other words, the magic rcon line for the first shrubbot admin in etblight is "/rcon password !set playername 5" - you have to include the !exclamation-mark.

pbcomp

Post by pbcomp » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:25 pm

Great! I will try it! etblight is working fine in Windoze ATM. I test in Windows , Install to c:/et1 and make a windoze .bat file in notepad just save it as Server.bat
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@ECHO OFF
cd "C:\et1"
start etded.exe +set fs_homepath c:/et1/ +set com_hunkmegs 64 +set com_zoneMegs 32 +set fs_game etblight +set sv_punkbuster 1 +set dedicated 1 +exec server.cfg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on my laptop and pretend my own pc is the remote server. Then join local game with my regular et client and play the bots. They are good in Blight.
I can test maps and bots and add waypoints files to make the bots work and essentially make everything work perfectly. It's a lot of !fun.
When you get it totally tweaked a person can upload it intact to any machine or server without trying to make it work live.
I

pbcomp

Post by pbcomp » Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:31 pm

Totally worked , !set and have Admin now for Blight and Also LESM. Perfect! We are making headway. See, you need alpha-beta testers to get to the bottom line.

Makes me wonder how many people tried this Mod and quit!

Hope they come back and read the Forum.

-pbcomp

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:55 am

I can only agree. It's a one man beta(alpha?)-show atm.

ETBlight had a terrible start. I uploaded it for the first time, shortly before the great Punkbuster disaster of 2011. The timing could not have been worse.
It obviously had the same problems as etpub 0.9, namely NO_GUID getting treated as a double guid. Before pb crapped out, it was all fun and games. All the serious stuff could be left to the big boys.

My main reason for uploading atm, is simply that it gets less crappy for each version. There's a few "independent" Blight servers out there, I hate the thought of Bambus(an admin) still running an old version that doesn't even provide stats for the Tripmine, etc etc. Bambus already have a running server; for him it's just a matter of replacing the files in the zip (maybe that's why I forgot to include the lua files - damn, I must have been tired!).

I also have to recreate all pages from scratch.

And I'm almost done with a giant Fallout 4 mod.